Temporary Stay Visa (MKV) Requirements
|1.||A completed application form|
|2.||Two (2) recent passport photographs* (see instructions)|
|3.||Notarized copies of all the written pages of the passport (stamps, visas, etc.). Validity of the passport must be at least 6 months.|
|4.||A copy of the original birth certificate translated in English or Dutch with Apostille or notarized.|
|5.||A copy of the original married/unmarried/divorced/widowhood certificate translated in English or Dutch with Apostille or notarized|
|6.||An original certificate of good conduct with Apostille or notarized|
|7.||Certificate of good health translated in English or Dutch and notarized|
|8.||In case of placement: a copy of internship contract|
|9.||In case of volunteering: a confirmation letter or contract of the organization|
In case of employment:
|11.||Demand draft of USD20,-|
An authenticated authorization of the parents and the copy of a birth certificate with apostille or notarized in case of:
|13.||In case of guardianship /adoption of a minor up to 17 years a copy of the judicial decision with apostille or notarized|
Note: MKV is a matter of the Ministries of 1. Justice and Police and 2. Labour
- Therefore all documents submitted at the Embassy are forwarded to these Ministries. Original documents intended for the Ministry of Justice and Police will not be returned.
- The applicant is not eligible for tourist or business visa during the period (3 months) in which his/her application is pending.
- The applicant should travel with all the original documents to Suriname for applying for the temporary stay permit at the Alien Registration Office (Vreemdelingen Zaken) and to register at the municipal office (Centraal Bureau voor Burgerzaken, CBB).
- Applicant is allowed to travel with a single airway ticket.
- After approval of the MKV the applicant must submit a valid medical insurance for the period of stay in Suriname.
- Persons who have been granted MKV must register online within 14 days upon arrival in Suriname, on the website www.vz2.juspol.sr for an application for residence.
Persons with an MKV may contact the Division Informatie en Afgifte of the Directorate of Immigration Affairs of the Ministry of Justice and Police for more information regarding the following:
- information about the status of the submitted application for aanvraag tot verblijf (application for residence), verlenging verblijf (extended MKV), vestigingsvergunning (residence permit), duplicaat (duplicate), verklaring tot ingezetenschap en naturalisatie (naturalization);
- information about the requirements for applications;
- information about online applications;
- kindly use the digital communication options as much as possible: e-mail email@example.com, via the chat service or by telephone at 427197 ext. 3610, 3611 or 3612
- opening hours for the public are from Monday to Thursday: 8:00 am - 2:00 pm and on Friday: 8:00 am - 1:30 pm.
Documents such as birth certificate, marital status and death certificate should be obtained at the municipal centre in the residing state/region. Affidavits will not be accepted.
* PASSPORT PHOTO INSTRUCTIONS
- Taken recently, not longer than 3 months
- Dimensions 4.5 cm x 3.5 cm
- In colour, with good contrast
- Sized, so the head is centered in the middle.
- Neutral expression and both eyes open
- No headgear
- No hair on forehead
- Both ears need to be shown
- Prescription glasses are allowed, no glare from flash should be visible on glasses.
- Taken head-on in front of a plain white or off-white background
- Name and Passport number must be mention on the back of the photos.