As of 1st March, 2016, the Tourist Card is introduced for India among other countries and it is solely intended for the purpose of tourism.
Requirements for Tourist Card:
- A valid passport (at least 6 months validity upon arrival in Suriname)
- Copy of all written pages of the passport
- A confirmed return ticket
- Demand draft of USD 35 equivalent in Indian Rupees
- Additional documents in case of
- Surinamese origin
- Or travelling with a minor (required documents confirming parenthood/legal guardianship)
- Medical Reports
- Yellow Fever ( Copy )
- Hotel Booking
Note: Incomplete applications will be rejected
- The Tourist Card is valid for (1) single entry only.
- For the next entry into Suriname one needs to obtain a new Tourist Card.
- Stay in Suriname will be permitted for maximum 90 days.
- - To extend the 30 days "Kort Verblijf (short Stay)" which is stamped in the passport upon arrival in Suriname, the visitor has to report at the Immigration Department of the Ministry of Justice and Police with passport and ticket.
- Address: Vreemdelingen Zaken (Immigration Office/Registration of Foreigners) Mr. J.Lachmonstraat 166-168 Paramaribo
Tourist Card can be obtained at
- The Embassy of Suriname in New Delhi, A4/4, 2nd Floor, Vasant Vihar
- Other Diplomatic and Consular Missions of the Republic of Suriname abroad
- For an efficient processing at the J.A.P. International Airport or at the borders in Albina and South Drain, Nickerie, it is requested that the fee for tourist card (USD35) is paid with exact change.
The Tourist Card:
- - Is not replaceable; if you lose it before travelling you will have to purchase another one.
- - Is not a transit visa. For transit to a third destination apply for the proper visa.
- - Cannot be obtained through (registered) mail/post.
Note: Visitors who wish to stay longer than the permitted 90 days are not eligible for a Tourist Card. The requirements of MKV are applied to them.
Foreigners travelling to Suriname for business, work, internship, voluntary work, etc. will not be allowed to enter the country on a Tourist card. (Here is a list of countries which qualify for Tourist Cards)