Visa is required for all Indian Nationals. The type of visa issued depends on the purpose of travel. Unless specifically noted, all applicants follow the same applications process. The visa and the MKV forms can be downloaded from the website.
Applications have to be submitted at the Embassy of Suriname: E7/12 Ground Floor, Vasant Vihar, New Delhi-110057. An administration fee of USD10, - will be charged.
Documents required for visa application:
- A completed application form
- Two (2) recent photographs
- Complete copy of the passport
- Itinerary of the applicant
- Travel Insurance Policy.
- Yellow Fever Vaccine
A health certificate from an authorized hospital/doctor that the applicant is exempted from the following diseases:
HIV-AIDS/Leprosy/Venereal Diseases/Tuberculosis/Hepatitis and other contagious diseases
Supporting documents for Internship or voluntary work, etc. (period: maximum 90 days)
- Copy of flight ticket (v.v.)
- Official letter of the authorized institution/organization confirming the purpose and period of stay in Suriname.
Supporting documents for Business Visa
- An extract from the Chamber of Commerce of the inviting company in Suriname
- An official invitation letter of the business partner/company in Suriname
- A copy of the flight ticket
Supporting documents for children below 18 years of age:
- Birth Certificate showing the names of both parents;
- Photocopy of legal documents pertaining to guardianship if applicable
- Legalized letter of consent:
1. If the child is travelling with one parent, the letter of consent authorizing travel must be legalized by the other parent;
2. If the child is travelling alone or without either parents, a notarized letter of consent from both parents permitting travel;
3. Death Certificate, in case one or both parents are deceased.
Documents such as birth certificate, marital status and death certificate should be obtained at the municipal office in the residing state/region. Affidavits will not be accepted.
Passports must be submitted after the approval of the Embassy. Approval is communicated to the applicant through phone call or email. Applicants are requested to mention a valid phone number and email address on the application form.
Visa Charges (equivalent in INR)
- Administration fee - USD10
- Transit visa - USD15
- Tourist visa - USD45
- Tourist Card - USD100
- Business visa - USD60
Special Category Visa (Temporary Stay Visa -MKV)
- Administration fee - USD20
- KV (Temporary Stay) - USD45
Note: All charges are to be paid by demand draft in favour of the Embassy of the Republic of Suriname, New Delhi.
Submission: 9.30 - 11.00 a.m.
Collection: 14.30 - 15.30 p.m.
Address: E7/12 Ground Floor, Vasant Vihar, New Delhi-110057
Phone numbers: 011-26150153/154
Fax number: 011-26150150
Who are exempted from visa to travel to Suriname?
Nationals of the countries listed below based on Visa Exemption Agreement with the Republic of Suriname. Click here for list.
What should a foreigner do if he or she arrives with a sailboat in Suriname?
Upon entering, the sailboat is registered by the Maritime Authority Suriname (MAS), and an entry stamp from the immigration service will be received, which is valid for at least one month stay in the waters of Suriname. If the foreigner wishes to stay longer he or she should apply for a visa at the Consular section of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. The documents needed are the same as those required for the application for a regular tourist visa.
Do CARICOM citizens need a visa?
According to Article 46 of the revised Treaty of Chaguaramas, CARICOM citizens are allowed, to move freely in Suriname for a period of six months. This is also the case with regard to certain groups, namely the skilled citizens, settled to work in Suriname. (SB 2006 No. 19).